cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Why mistake happened in the workflow didn't notify the responsible role I assigned ?

ahsieh
1-Newbie

Why mistake happened in the workflow didn't notify the responsible role I assigned ?

I write some JAVA code in workflow template, there're some Exception occur when workflow is progressing and workflow stop.

I hope windchill can notify the responsible role I assign, but always the Creator get notification.

Are there some setting wrong or miss? Please help me and forgive my poor english...

%E6%8C%87%E5%AE%9A%E8%85%B3%E8%89%B2.jpg

%E6%8C%87%E5%AE%9A%E8%85%B3%E8%89%B21.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try to add Manager role to the workflow team template.

And check that your role is not empty

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewKnight
4-Participant
(To:ahsieh)

I do not have an instance in front of me and I can't read the text in these images, but I'll try to help. There is a chance that this is a bug in the OOTB stuff, but let's first make sure you you have your template/process set up correctly.

Are you positive that you have a principal assigned to the Manager role?

Are you positive that your changes are reflected in the running process? Have you checked in your edited workflow template? If you are are calling this workflow from a Lifecycle Template, verify that the UseLatest flag is checked. Also verify that you are editing the workflow in the correct context. An easy test may be to edit the name of the activity, check it in, and refire, ensuring that the exception is thrown again.

Assuming those things are correct, Does the process template have a field for Responsible Role? I would try changing that to a third/different role, just to see what happens.

Try to add Manager role to the workflow team template.

And check that your role is not empty

Top Tags