cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchil PDMLink 11.0: Create Link to another Part as Attribute

Chris17
11-Garnet

Windchil PDMLink 11.0: Create Link to another Part as Attribute

Hello,

I am looking for a way to create a WTPart attribute, that allows users to put a link to another part. Such an attribute would allow us to put information about "alternative parts", "successors" or similar into our PDM.

In the type and attribute manager I created a global attribute type "reference" and linked it to the WTPart. The attribute appears but I couldn't find a way to fill it. When I "check out and edti" the WTPart, the attribute is marked as unassignable.

Any hints on how to solve this are appreciated.

Best

Chris

1 REPLY 1

Hi Chris,

Windchill already supports alternates and substitutes. Using this functionality should allow you to link two WTParts together. Otherwise you could explore using Configurable Links but this generally requires a bit of configuration:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS156972&language=en&posno=1&q=configurable%20links&source=search

If your attribute is unassignable (it looks like (unassignable) in the "edit" table), then you have to tweak it in the Type and Attribute Manager. Click the attribute and check the Constraints tab. Remove "Immutable" if it exists. Check the Visibility tab and ensure that the values are set to "Read/Write."

Top Tags