cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Windchill 10.1 F000 released today

ddemay
1-Newbie

Windchill 10.1 F000 released today

Windchill 10.1 F000 released today along with various reference documents

Have not seen anyone else discuss it yet, so I thought I'd post something. The option to use forms based authentication (so you can logoff?) is interesting. Windchill Mobile module/app for I-Pad/I-Phone looks interesting as well.

I have seen mentioned an X-24 and X-26 in various documentation. Technically 10.1 is release X-22. Perhaps PTC cannot comment publicly, but I am trying to figure out if there potentially like a Windchill 10.3, 10.5, or 10.7 point release in the works as I would figure X-30 to be Windchill 11. I am not sure if a X-24/X-26 would just be updates to Creo or something.

Where I am working these days, we have not rolled out a full PDM/PLM system based on Windchill. So any forward looking information, even tenative is good to hear about. With how conservative in spending we are, I am afraid that Windchill 10.1 will be obsolescent by the time we roll it out to the user community. Factoring in the end of service life, we can plan better.

Regards,

David DeMay

2 REPLIES 2
jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:ddemay)

Logoff is not an out-of-the-box feature until 10.1 M010 (and then only
for form-based authentication).

Also note that form-based authentication support is still in a
pre-release state in 10.1 F000, but should be fully released in M010.

ddemay
1-Newbie
(To:ddemay)

Good for the public to know. I had read that, but figured in spirit of comments made by others, most do not deploy the F000 version, but at least we can see what options are on the table.

Top Tags