cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Windchill 10.1 WGM $ Creo Schematics 2.0

jellis
11-Garnet

Windchill 10.1 WGM $ Creo Schematics 2.0

WOW.....what an improvement over the 10.0 WGM! After installing Creo Schematics 2 and the 10.1 WGM you register the Creo application to the WGM. When you launch Creo Schematics 2 the WGM launches also. Create a new design ins Creo Schematics and Save. Refresh the WS and you have the .rsd file while the design folder resides in your working directory. There is a Windchill tab in Creo Schematics that provides for Check In and other WC actions. This is pretty good stuff and as always we want more.....we'd like to have Windchill embedded and not require the stand alone and seperate WGM to install, maintain and update.

3 REPLIES 3

Jim, I have a few questions for you:

1.) How do you know if WGW manager was installed when Windchill was installed?

2.) If it was not, is all you do is run the PSI and select and install?

3.) Also, where do I get the install for the WGM client?

We are also using Creo/Schematics and getting this setup would be very helpful for my company!

Thanks in advance!

Buddy Hudson

Hello Buddy.

The WWGM applications options have to be enabled in the Windchill Install on the server. If not enabled the applications supported with WWGM will not be available to register with the client WWGM. You can re-run the Windchill installer but make sure you've done your due diligence before doing a re-install.

The WWGM is a seperate install on the client from Windchill Browser's->Quick Links->Software Downloads section. If the WWGM is installed on the client it will have its own listing in the Control Panel->Programs and Features table. Windchill Workgroup Manager will also be in the Programs->PTC folder to open.

If you have support you can visit the ptc.com Reference Documents site -> Windchill -> Administrators and search for Windchill Workgroup Manager for Creo Schematics Administrator's and User's Guide then download the pdf.

Kind Regards, Jim

Thanks Jim!

Top Tags