cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Windchill 10.1 and Creo 2.0

canderson
6-Contributor

Windchill 10.1 and Creo 2.0

Working on a migration plan from massive amounts of ProE data on many network drives to Windchill 10.1. Problem is when I locate a ProE object on the network drive and try to save it to my workspace I get an error "xxxxx.prt cannot be saved to the workspace"... but if I migrate to a different folder location open up a completely different object I am allowed to save that .prt to my workspace. Now if I go back to my original object xxxxx.prt I can save it to my workspace. This is repeatable.. my problem is for every object I want to save to my workspace I have to go through this ridiculous process.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi. Post log of all MethodServer and Creo.

? Sorry I don't follow you...?

Did you solve your problem? I´ve the same issue!

regards,

Martin

No I am waiting on PTC feedback... set up "Logging" today. ran through the excersice to reproduce the issue. All I need to do now is send info to PTC.....

tmcnaney
12-Amethyst
(To:canderson)

Hi Carl,

To make sure I understand...

You have a Creo 2.0 (datecode?) Parametric session with WC 10.1 (datecode?) registered as primary server with an active workspace. Then you browse to open a .prt from a network drive, and it retrieves into session fine. Next, you try to Save to the default location (which should now be the active WS), and it fails?

I am not able to reproduce this with Creo 2.0-M010 + PDMLink 10.1-M010.

What are your startup and set working directories?

It shouldn't matter, but do you have write access to the network share?

Have you tried starting Creo Parametric with no site-specific config.pro?

Have you tried to use the WS Tools > Import to Workspace?

canderson
6-Contributor
(To:tmcnaney)

Tom

Great to hear from you. To answer your questions..

Creo Parametric 2.0 M010 + PDMLink 10.1 M010

Startup directory is on a network drive.. .I have changed this to local same results. I have write access to the network drive.

I have tried with no Config.pro... still have the problem

Import to Workspace does work. I don't get the opportunity to fix Ghost objects or automate the Part Creation and Association.

It is strange. It won't let me save the file to my workspace but once I select a differnt object in a different folder and come back to the original it allows me to save...

tmcnaney
12-Amethyst

That is strange...let's see what TS comes back with after reviewing the logs.

I will lookup the Case # and follow-up with you next week.

canderson
6-Contributor
(To:tmcnaney)

Has something to do with dm_search_primary_server.. when turned off I don't have the problem.... Craig Pater is looking into this further... thanks for the support Thomas...

mhug
1-Newbie

we had similar problems to checkin a drawing with creo2-M010 to wc10.1-M010 (all parts and assemblies from that drawing were checked in).

Then we installed creo2-M020 and the same drawing could be checked in .

Has something to do with dm_search_primary_server.. when turned off I don't have the problem.... Craig Pater is looking into this further... thanks for the support Thomas...

Top Tags