cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill 10.1 and Solidworks 2013

CarrieIves
1-Newbie

Windchill 10.1 and Solidworks 2013

We are trying to use Windchill 10.1 with Solidworks 2013. We are having some strange issues with losing data in worksspaces. Often, when we start the workgroup manager in the mornings, we don't see any files in our currently active workspace until we activate another and go back to the one we want. Our IT support is not local and keeps telling us that they can't recreate the things we are seeing. Has anyone successfully used Windchill to control their Solidworks files? Has anyone else seen some of the issues I am describing?

Thanks,

Carrie

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Carrie,

We had the same issue about six month ago with Windchill 10.1 M040 and SW2012. Following recommendations of PTC Technical Support, two patches were installed:

10.1-M040_PS16

10.1-M040_WWGM_PS_2

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS141139

After patches installation on the server, we had to uninstall WGM in each client workstation and install it again.

In our case, the patches installation solved the issue.

I suggest you ask to PTC Technical support for the best solution available today for your Windchill 10.1 release.

Best regards,

Ramon

I don't know if our IT group has installed the patches. They are finally spending more time to actually find out all the issues we have and have assured us that they can make Windchill work with Solidworks. We are skeptical. I will try to update this again later since I know others are looking at it. We almost switched to Solidworks EPDM, but the IT department rejected the CapEx request - that was the point that they started really looking into all the issues we have with Windchill.

Top Tags