cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill 10.2 M030 to 11.1 M020

FP_9361046
2-Guest

Windchill 10.2 M030 to 11.1 M020

Hi

I am new to Windchill and i'm trying to migrate our windchill server to a more recent version.
Currently we are running Windchill 10.2 M030 in a Vmware VM running Windows Server 2012 R2.

This should be migrated to a new VM running Windows Server 2019 and windchill 11.1 M020.

My approach looks something like this:

1. Install new Windchill 11.1 on the new VM with same Volumes Paths etc. only the Hostname is diffrent.
  2. Export LDAP
  3. Export Oracle DB (expdp)
  4. Append LDAP from new Windchill Server to the previous exportet LDAP Data.
  5. Import LDAP on the New Server
  6. Import Oracle DB to the New Server (impdp)
  7. Run UpgradeManager 
  8. In Upgrade Manager i use:
    Gather System Properties - Database Host = Old Server
    Vault Mode: Different File Vault Host Information - Updated file Vault Host = New Server

At first this seems to work, WinDu shows only 2 or 3 minor problems and Windchill runs.

But obviously the new server accesses the old server's DB instead of its own. 

When i check the Vault configuration on the new Server the Path's are OK with the new Hostname and i can Validate them but as soon as I reset the old server all paths under Vault configuration on the New Server change to those of the old server with the old Hostname.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS: After a little researching I found out that in the db.properties wt.pom.jdbc.host still points to the old server. But why? Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:FP_9361046)

Step 4 & 5, should be a single append import of the old LDIF into the 11.2 LDAP.

Since you have new host names, you need to run the Rehost utility to get the hostnames updated in the database. There is a Windchill setting for the database host.

Top Tags