cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Windchill 10.2 security label using multiple Orgs

tcasola
1-Newbie

Windchill 10.2 security label using multiple Orgs

We have a multi Org Windchill system, and we're just beginning to think about using Security labels. We don't want all the Orgs to see/use them.

Is it possible to set up security label at the ORG level, instead of Site?

If not, is it possible to have ORG A see the security labels, but prevent ORG B.

Just wondering.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:tcasola)

You have to modify the RBinfo files to implement security labels, so I think it will be at the Site level since those files are used across the whole system, independent of organizations.

You can set up OrgA to have the roles and groups use the security labels and OrgB to be the default users who don't need the roles to see objects. The screens would still show the Security information.

At least that is what I was able to understand when I was attempting to set them up for a demo project.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:tcasola)

You have to modify the RBinfo files to implement security labels, so I think it will be at the Site level since those files are used across the whole system, independent of organizations.

You can set up OrgA to have the roles and groups use the security labels and OrgB to be the default users who don't need the roles to see objects. The screens would still show the Security information.

At least that is what I was able to understand when I was attempting to set them up for a demo project.

Thanks

Top Tags