cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Windchill 10 Product Structure Browser customization

karan1904
1-Newbie

Windchill 10 Product Structure Browser customization

In Windchill 9.1, to display the Product Structure, wt.part.StandardWTPartService method getUsesWTPart was used to display the BOM structure. But,i'm not aware how this works in Windchill 10.The above class still exist in Windchill 10, but is never used while displaying the BOM structure.

We have an requirement to filter the BOM structure depending upon the value of WTPartUsageLink Attribute on the WTPart. If the WTPartUsageLink Attribute on the WTPart does not satisfy the criteria, then the part in the BOM structure should be displayed with Master icon.

Please let me know if someone has worked on this in Windchill 10.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Karan

R10 Structure browser has a tab for filtering the structure based on the
attribute values. Please refer the attached screen shot that shows the
filter selection based on usage link attributes. In your environment, do you
see your usage link as one of the selectable attributes.

Swamy Senthil

Swasen Inc.

Hi Swamy,

Yes you are correct about Attribute filter in R10, but Attribute filter will filter the Product structure with those whose values match to Attribute provided.

My requirement is not to filter(as done with Attribute Filter) but display it with Part Master icon if it does not match the criteria of WTPartUsageLink Attribute.

The part Master icon is displayed for Configuration Specification filter if applied(see below description)

A part mastericon is displayed when there is no part version satisfying the configuration specification criteria. The presence of the part master icon indicates that the configuration is incomplete. In other words, the parts displayed in the part structure do not constitute a complete bill of material for specified product configuration.

Is there any way to write any custom filters which satisfies the above criteria.

Regards,

Karan Narang

Top Tags