cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Windchill 10 in my Workspace prt, asm, and drg files just vanished

ptc-3878554
1-Newbie

Windchill 10 in my Workspace prt, asm, and drg files just vanished

One day I am working fine, and the next day everything I have been working on for weeks is just gone. I can find my prt, asm, and drg files anywhere, they are no longer in the workspace. Does anybody where they my be , or what the is wrong with Windchill?

4 REPLIES 4

It's hard to tell that what could have happened but make sure your table display is correct to show ALL files. Sometime We have faced this issue that files cannot be located in workspace because of the particular table display.

I hope this is the solution for you.

Jay

Maybe a trivial question: are you sure you uploaded your stuff? If not, and you accidently lost your local cache, it's rather obvious you lost your content.

For content we are absolutly sure that it was uploaded, we never got it lost.

Regards, Hugo.

Hi Frederick, if you have performed upload, your files would be stored in the wc commonspace depending on the context and location specified @ upload. Can you verify this first?

The next issue i can think of is that your view filter is set to the wrong product context folder. As such you may be viewing an empty workspace belonging to a different product context.

Last possiblity I can think of whether you have performed any action to clear your local cache. IF this was done before you uploaded your files, then sayonara to them.

Rdgs, Roger

Hi Frederick,

This also happened to us some time back when using Creo 1.0Fooo with Windchill 10.0. The workspace objects just got vanished when viewed from the Pro/E embedded browser, but if you go and view your WS from standalone browser the objects are there.

We then started using Creo 1.0 M30 and did not encountered such problem after that.

If your case is the same as above, then try updating your Creo build to newer version as per compatibilty with Windchill version.

Regards,

Karan

Top Tags