Has anyone by chance figured out the script error issues in Windchill 10? Please tell me yes. This is super irritating!
Which MOR level is this at? If this is prior to M030, then there is a decent chance that the issue was addressed in M030.
Hello all you Windchill 10 IE script error lovers! I was told by tech support the fix for IE8 script issue. You will need to download and run the .msi file from the following location:
This does not apply to IE9 as it already has this fix.
Hope it helps some of you guys! I know my users were screaming about it.
One more additional fix for the script issues for both IE8 and IE9. You will need to go to Tools>Internet Options in IE, click the advanced tab, scroll all the way to the bottom, and uncheck the "Use SSL 3.0" option.
Hope this helps!
Well to all you out there you have applied these fixes, it seems that this not totally do the trick. We are still seeing the script errors but not as frequently. If anyone else has any insight I would appreciate you posting a reply with your experience. My users are super annoyed with these. Seems like the interaction with IE was an after thought on PTCs part. Considering how long this product has been around I would have hoped that issues such as this would have been dealt with and resolve many many moons ago.
One additional help that I did find just by luck was that updating the WF4 to version M220 seems to help.
It has always been my contention that using ANY internet browser to base anything on is a REALLY bad idea. We're getting script errors from IE8, and also from Java. too many other software's to interact with. As for the corporate line that everything needs to be web-based, I call B-S. You can always get into the system anywhere else via VPN, and there wouldn't be all these script and incompatibility errors. This is one of the main reasons Intralink was better, faster, and FAR more reliable. And until W/C goes away from browsers, there will always be these problems. Simple is best.
Thanks for the tips Buddy, we'll try 'em out!
Hi Buddy -
We are currently using Windchill 10 - M010 and we are having this issue and it is terrble. I have tried the option you suggested above (.msi file) and facing the same issue afterwards as well. I hope they have some solution for IE8 in M030.
Yes I could do that if I did not have the strict IT policing that we have here in our company. Not nocking that necessarily, but when it comes to this, we can only use IE per IT standards. By the way, have you seen how fast Windchill is through Chrome! SMOKIN FAST! I think I heard of some plans or saw something related to programming in compatibility for chrome into the next maintenance release for Windchill. Hope so! I do all of my admin tasks through Chrome unless I have to open something in Pro/E for some reason. Also, I talked to another tech support guy last week that said to very frequently, which I understood to be maybe weekly, clean all the history from the browser, and also clear the JAVA cache. This will also help with the script errors.
Thanks for your comment Buddy.
I have not tried using Chrome yet but I will do it very soon.
Also - I have tried cleaning Java cache and histroy as well - but not a big change. My users are still seeing the issue (not very frequently - but periodically) which is kind of annoying.
That's not correct.
The latest R10.0 support information states:
So apart from Cognos not supporting Chrome, recent Chrome and Firefox versions are supported as of M020.
Hah glad they told us in the field! Thanks Jess for the heads up, this will make my current customer happy to know!
We've tried using Mozilla based browser and it eliminated the script error. Also increased response of PDMLINK in when browsing for files. But I noticed some downsides when changing this. First, when having lots of components on your workspace(3000++), sorting seems to hang. I tried changing back to IE based, then access the same workspace and thou response is slow and script error reappears, the operation was completed. Second, operation like check-in, even for simple components and assemblies, seem to hang and I had to re-launch Creo to continue.
Another thing, using Mozilla as defualt webrowser for Pro/E or Creo uses SEMonkey which is Mozilla based, but does not necessarily requires Mozilla installation.
One more tip for the JAVA settings. Just found that the "Use SSL 3.0" pick that needs to be disabled in the internet advanced options has a second location inside the JAVA control panel. Disable "Use SSL 3.0 here as well.