Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill 10

Windchill 10

I never said X-22 was Windchill 10, X-22 is the release after Windchill 10.
In an older version of that document, it listed Windchill 11, not X-22.

I did miss the Win Vista-32 and 7-32 as client machines for Windchill 10 and X-22.
My 1 year to switch comment was based on XP being dropped for X-22 and the fact that Vista is no longer being sold. Windows 7 is the future OS for all Wintel machines right now. Given a choice, I would choose Win7 over Vista without thinking hard. I have XP, Vista and 7 machines at home, so I am familiar with all 3. With the price of memory and the size of models, Win7-64 is my future OS of choice. It may be slightly over 1 year, but I would venture that Creo 3 will not be supported on XP.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

Windchill 10

Thanks for the clarifications!

Windchill 10

Just some comments on Windchill 10.

We really like the UI improvements (and like some of the functionality improvements even more), but we noticed a few things in the UI that could be problems for the user experience.

First, the addition of all of the right click Action menus means that standard browser right click menus are no longer available. This means that a user can't, for example, right click on a details icon and open the content in a new tab or window. This is very useful when investigating an assembly or comparing multiple parts. Or when you want to travel down a path without losing your starting point. The lack of this ability means that every time that you navigate ahead, you will have to navigate back to your starting point, or you have to open a new tab with your current URL before moving ahead. There needs to be some way to open a new tab or window of either the current URL or the URL being clicked on.

The second issue is the fly out navigation bar. This is a great feature, but the inability to "pin" the bar open, means that navigating within a product's "sub menu" or navigating between several products becomes unnecessarily cumbersome. It adds an additional mouse pick to every step. It would be better to have an option to pin in open and automatically adjust the screen appropriately as shown below (so the nav bar doesn't cover part of the content).

[cid:image001.jpg@01CBDA70.7F945150]<">https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_t2g4FbsElVA/TXE2eOj2KNI/AAAAAAAAABk/Ojt2K5zNf3I/s640/screenshot...
John Frankovich
GSI Group LLC
www.gsiag.com<">http://www.gsiag.com>

Windchill 10

The inability to open in new Window at any point and avoid navigating back may be a show-stopper - we'll look at this very, very closely before committing to upgrading to 10.0. Thanks for reporting.

Can you open in new window by holding down the Control key?

Windchill 10

You can jump there with the CTRL key

Windchill 10

Mike/John,

Re "pinning the navigator," we will be considering that, and other
helpful ideas, for 10.1.

the "CTRL right click" will be documented in the quick start guide.

Windchill 10

Thanks all.
I just verified that holding down control while right clicking WILL still allow you to open a new tab or window. One crisis averted...

Now if we can just pin the navigator open...in 10.0 M010 😉

John Frankovich
GSI Group LLC
www.gsiag.com<">http://www.gsiag.com>

Windchill 10

Just a quick tip, the middle mouse-click will also open in new tab by default in most browsers.

-Thomas R. Busch
Sr. Software Developer
Stryker Instruments
(269) 323-7700 x4014
tom.busch@stryker.com<">mailto:tom.busch@stryker.com>

Windchill 10

John/Mike - another way to get to the browser's menu is to double click
the right mouse button.

Windchill 10

Something new to teach the fingers on the right side of one's hand...

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!