cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS-06 to CPS-11: install failure related to odata

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS-06 to CPS-11: install failure related to odata

Hello,

I performed a test CPS upgrade on a system copy and it went just fine and dandy.  Doing same on the production system failed.  This is the last error from the log that looks like it is related:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\2\Temp1_MED-61006-CD-110_M030_M030-CPS11-Bundle.zip\windchill_11.0_REST_Services\InstallRestServices.xml:71: Unable to delete file E:\ptc\Windchill_11\Windchill\codebase\WEB-INF\lib\odataWeb.jar

I don't get it. It is the same path in both test and production.  Used the local Administrator account in both instances.  The lib directory has the same permissions on both test and production.  I have a case opened and await contact.  Since I see others have had some fun times with 11.0 CPS installs, just wanted to document this here.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Invisigoth)

Is the file in use?  Can you manually delete it?  If you look at open files and open sessions, can you see something accessing it?  All all Windchill related services stopped?  (Except WindchillDS of course.)

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Fortunately, this CPS fail did not prevent me from restarting the services so the customer could resume use of his system while I sort this out.  Meaning I will probably have to recreate the issue and examine the open files, processes, etc.  I don't want to just delete anything at this point.  Especially since I have not yet had my Sev 1 case assigned yet, even though I opened it about 20 hours ago.  I do not want to touch the scene of the crime too much!

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

My case has been picked up and the first comment from the tech was "Please note there is a known issue with the Rest Service installation from CPS."  So here we go.....

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Nice.  Let us know how it turns out.

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Ummm... what is this. We've just scheduled updating CPS11 in production in a couple of days, test environment was ok, and now I read this...!

Could you explain a bit (always a newbie, I see...) what would that Rest Services mean in practise?

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:HJ1)

"What is this?" is exactly what I said when the production CPS install halted....ok, well maybe there were a couple of added words in there!

From what I can tell, the odata/REST modules support PTC Navigate.  There are no PTC Navigate items configured in this environment.  On the successful test system CPS update, "windchill version" looks like this:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

E:\ptc\Windchill_11\Windchill>windchill version
      Timestamp: August 20, 2018 - 10:38:42 (GMT: Aug 20, 2018 2:38:42 PM)

Support     Support                                  Installer
      Datecode    Release Number  Release Id               Sequence   Display Label
  --  --------    --------------  ---------------          ---------  ---------------------
      F000        1.1             odata.1.1.0.00.247       01         windchill 1.1 REST Services
      M030        11.0            whc.11.0.30.00.24        02         windchill 11.0 help center
      M030-CPS11  11.0            wsp.11.0.30.11.29        01         windchill 11.0 service pack
      F000        11.0            pdml.11.0.0.00.455       01         PTC Windchill PDMLink 11.0
      M030-CPS11  11.0            ie.11.0.30.11.29         01         windchill 11.0 info*engine
      M030-CPS11  11.0            wnc.11.0.30.11.29        01         windchill 11.0 Services
      M030-CPS11  11.0            commonpdm.11.0.30.11.29  01         windchill 11.0 common base

There are no patches installed.

There is no non-default locale support installed.

E:\ptc\Windchill_11\Windchill>

Radio silence from my sev 1 so far, past first contact asking for data, which I provided. And them replying there are known issues with the odata portion of this CPS install.

I just contacted my "TSAM" to see if he could shake loose some sort of update.  Oh yes, this is terrifying!!!!

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

I bet the couple of added words in there were something the community moderators would consider no-no..

Ok it's a slightly different case, we're going from CPS08 to CPS11 and some additions to your listed "windchill version". We do have Navigate on another server installed in test, but there's other issues.(..!)

As we must finally get MCAD version support and fix some issues I guess the approach is to fire away with the CPS11 and check the damage  😄

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:HJ1)

I went from CPS04 to CPS11 a week ago without any issues...

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite

PTC provided a workaround procedure to install the ODATA portion.  Looks like almost an exact match to this document.  Only difference is in this line:

"Extract the Windchill REST Services 1.1 CD image from the of the Windchill 11.1 CPS03 using the following steps"

What I received has this line:

"Extract the Windchill REST Services 1.1 CD image from Windchill 11.1 CPS03 or WC 11.0 M030 CPS11 using the following steps"

I will have to obtain a new test system copy because obviously I cannot trust the one I had used to qualify this initially.

Top Tags