cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS12 showing different versions of components in different scenarios!

Highlighted
Garnet

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS12 showing different versions of components in different scenarios!

We're using Windchill 11.0 M030. Strange thing noticed after testing CPS12 is;

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS12 OOTB installation and Windchill updated from 11.0 M030 CPS10 to CPS12 are showing different versions of components

Screenshots are attached here. Any idea why? Will this have any issue in future if production is upgraded to CPS12? A PTC case is also opened to see if it is something we missed during CPS12 update.

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS12 showing different versions of components in different scenarios!

Yes, try. Install CPS11 or 12 fresh in a test system. Do not update an existing 11 (already updated from 04).

Actually there is a downloadable file for PDMLink with datecode M030 CPS11. This file is not asked when updating to CPS11 or CPS12 from an earlier version. But this file is asked by PSI when Windchill is installed fresh through PSIs coming in CPS11 or CPS12 bundle.

Re: Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS12 showing different versions of components in different scenarios!

It looks like your upgraded system does not have ESI Services installed...

ESI Service is not a main component in our case. But check pdmlink. I'm a bit concerned to go ahead with updating production until I get a definite answer on this.

The 'different' version of PDMLink is what caught my eye, too.

Did PTC forget to update the information data in the file?

Did you install CPS11 on the upgrade system before doing CPS12?

Since the latest download is 11.0m030-CPS11, maybe there is something they changed in the full code set but did not change in the CPS subset.

I have CPS08 installed and for PDMlink it shows F000 with no upgrades or patches.

We installed CPS12 on top of CPS10.

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS10 was installed ootb. PDMLink datecode was F000 then. When the promised SW2018 support was moved to next CPS, we downloaded and installed latest CPS12. We didn't notice the difference since we didn't know there was an update for pdmlink.

Recently when we installed Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS12 ootb, we noticed difference in datecode as mentioned in my post.

In your case PDMLink F000 is valid since you have CPS08. The patch shown in the screenshot I sent, is only valid for those who installed CPS12 to address a critical issue.

PTC didn't comment anything still.

I have CPS11 installed and for PDMLink it shows F000 with no upgrades or patches as well.

I think you're probably on to something with what version of the software was used for the initial installation.

Did you update to CPS11 from an earlier CPS? If so, you're seeing the same issue as I am.

If you installed CPS11 ootb, you should see M030 CPS11 as datecode for PDMLink. I already tested it in our environment.

@gafoorgk wrote:

Did you update to CPS11 from an earlier CPS?

Yes, CPS04.

I'll throw CPS12 on one of my test systems today and see what happens.  (Also currently at CPS11.)

Yes, try. Install CPS11 or 12 fresh in a test system. Do not update an existing 11 (already updated from 04).

Actually there is a downloadable file for PDMLink with datecode M030 CPS11. This file is not asked when updating to CPS11 or CPS12 from an earlier version. But this file is asked by PSI when Windchill is installed fresh through PSIs coming in CPS11 or CPS12 bundle.