cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS12 showing different versions of components in different scenarios!

Re: Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS12 showing different versions of components in different scenarios!

Update:

The first comment from PTC seems to be without understanding actual anomaly when different paths are followed for installation.

Today a senior technician did take a remote session and checked. Now they are convinced of this bug in PSI and confirmed that an SPR will be created for this issue.

As for this issue, they still confirm it's OK to go ahead with F000 even on environment with CPS12. PDMLink M030 CPS11 only got changes to support Windows 2016. In short, our environment is just fine with CPS12 and PDMLink F000, but need to stick with Windows 2012 R2 as max OS version.

Re: Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS12 showing different versions of components in different scenarios!

As for this issue, they still confirm it's OK to go ahead with F000 even on environment with CPS12. PDMLink M030 CPS11 only got changes to support Windows 2016. 

That reinforces my contention that support for the new operating system shouldn't have happened inside the CPS if it required recutting CDs that were not also included as part of the CPS.  Instead it should have been an entirely new maintenance release (M031, M040, etc.)

Very well, I got another reply from PTC after a very long time saying this is intended. Below is the exact words from one of the senior TSE

11.0 M030 -CPS10 all CD’s were recut to update install Anywhere version to support platform -win 2016.

So, WSP supported modules like PDML got recut in CPS10 but there is no change in content from base version till CPS-12 .

So cairo-CPS-12, WSP does not have any change for PDML.

So while updating to 11.0 M030 -CPS-12, the version of PDML will not get updated .

This is intended behaviour.

Though that doesn't make any sense at all from a customer perspective, I requested to close the ticket since it was regardless by now. Our developers didn't report any issues as well as we decided to stick with Win2012R2 for now.

FWIW, I installed 11.0 M030 CPS-13 using all newly downloaded CDs, and I kicked off the installer from the Install directory of the CPS CD.  Here is what the version looks like now:
cps13install.JPG

Still looks odd to me.  As far as the whole re-cutting CDS vs. a new CPS, I agree.  This is why I put in this Windchill idea, at least to share the pain of these decisions by PTC.