Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill 11.1 M010 License mess

SOLVED

Re: Windchill 11.1 M010 License mess

Ok, just (almost) nobody from PTC did know how to use the exclusion group. There were even calls in the support database that the wcadmin needs to have a license to publish documents.

The solution is to add the wcadmin to the exclusion group and add this exclusion group to the license profile (e.g. PDMLink license). The same is also working for test users.

Everything fine 😉

View solution in original post

I went round and round with PTC when Windchill 11.1 F000 came out about how administrative and test users should not be consuming licenses since individuals are licensed, not usernames or logins.  Multiple logins by the same individual only requires one license. (See the licensing basis document.)  This ultimately lead to the creation of the license exclusion group in M010. Psiphon

is the link in your response readily available?  The path is "https://share.ptc.com/sites/sales/ic/partner/posts/2018 Attachments Documents/Running Creo or WGM connecting to Windchill using admin accounts in License Exclusion group.pdf"

I get this error screen

Highlighted

@Invisigoth sorry I don't see the error screenshot. Please upload it again.

I hit the link again, and this time it presented a login screen for PTC sharepoint, which accepted my regular PTC creds and now I am looking at a four page how to....so all good now.  Thanks!

When I click on your link I get a 404 NOT FOUND error.