cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Windchill 11.1 M020 Workgroup Manager (WGM) & Altium ECAD Data Management - Constant Data Loss!

ScottMorris
17-Peridot

Windchill 11.1 M020 Workgroup Manager (WGM) & Altium ECAD Data Management - Constant Data Loss!

Hi,

Anyone out there using Windchill 11.1 M020 Workgroup Manager (WGM) & Altium ECAD?

Since our upgrade to WC11.1, we are experiencing constant data loss with the WGM when working with Altium ECAD. The WGM likes to replace the modified and updated files in the workspace with old copies from the Commonspace periodically. We've seen it do this on WGM startup and as part of the ECAD Check In process. Its an incredibly frustrating situation because the WGM never lets you know when its doing this, it does the replacement  silently in the background. One minute you're working on the latest design files, the next time you open the files you've been restored to what you originally checked out from the Commonspace.  

We have sent PTC three packages of video, data and logs for this issue and they have a tentative fix for us, but it will not be available until July. I'm not sure what's holding it up so long and that is why I'd like to know if there are any other people out there who are constantly losing data in WGM. 

-Scott

2 REPLIES 2

Scott,

Correct me if I am mistaken the data loss scenario that you are referring to is the case where the user performs the undo-checkout of uploaded modifications from the standalone browser view of the workspace and subsequently synchronizes the workspace cache from the WWGM client?  For those not familiar this is captured in more detail as part of TS article  CS320227.  While PTC R&D works on providing a resolution to this issue the article advises performing such PDM actions from the embedded browser of the WWGM.

If I am missing other issues/scenarios please let us know.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

I'll CC you on the internal messages to clarify the issue.

We are not looking for a fix to the problem you described below.

-Scott

Top Tags