cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill 11 OOTB starts with a spinning gif

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Windchill 11 OOTB starts with a spinning gif

I did an OOTB install of Windchill 11m030 yesterday, but when I launch the web browser, I get the login screen and then a spinning cog wheel gif in the upper left corner. I am not seeing any error messages in the method server didplays.

The one thing I did that was not normal was on the Oracle server, I ran 11m020 utlities to create the DB because that was the build I had planned on installing. When I got to the Windchill install, I did not have the 11m020 Service Pack image, so loaded the 11m030 images. I did notice that Upgrade Manager ran successfully, so I am guessing that the schema was upgraded. I did not se any errors in the Upgrade Manager log file.

I installed with Oracle 12c.

I have done a prior install of 11m010 on Oracle 12c with no issues. I have also done an upgrade from 11m010 to m020 on those machines.

Is this somethiing in the install that may have casued this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried this in different browsers ? Also cleanup browser cache and try to login with new session.

I also experienced same things in past with older version of Windchill but mostly issues related with browser version or its cache files.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Have you tried this in different browsers ? Also cleanup browser cache and try to login with new session.

I also experienced same things in past with older version of Windchill but mostly issues related with browser version or its cache files.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Devidas)

Don't have the option of different bvrowsers.

Cleared the cache and restarted Windchill then the browser. Still got the spinning gear, so tried a refresh and that worked.

Looks like database and Windchill cache causing the issue

You may try these steps on your server

Stop Windchill server

restart database service

clear windchill cache

start windchill

Hope this will work.

Top Tags