cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill 11 and Firefox 59

JonathanHodgson
11-Garnet

Windchill 11 and Firefox 59

Has anyone else had problems with the recent Firefox 59 update?

I've been using Windchill 11 (11.0 M030 CPS07) via Firefox without problems up to the end of last week.  Yesterday morning (after my initial log-in), Firefox updated to 59 and some time after that Windchill stopped accepting my credentials (across multiple platforms), and I and our IT team have been chasing the problem for about the past working day.  Through multiple trials this morning, it seems that once my account is unlocked (again!) I can access it through IE, and through the embedded IE in Creo, but not in Firefox any more.

Known issue, or should I flag it more formally (if others can corroborate)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The latest Firefox build (59) introduced a series of issues.  Note that it is not formally supported - only the Firefox ESR releases are supported.  The current ESR is 52 with the Firefox ESR 60 coming out this may.

browsers.png

Windchill 11.0 M030 compatibility matrix

Firefox ESR info

I know the Quantum releases are faster so I can imagine people are anxious to use them.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JonathanHodgson)

I just tried Firefox 59 with Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS04.  No issues.

I've got Firefox 54 and going to do my best to hold off on updates until there's more discussion.  We did just update to CPS08 and that seemed to fix some Java problems.  I wonder if it could help you?

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS08
WGM 11.0 M030
Inventor Pro 2017
Windows 10

The latest Firefox build (59) introduced a series of issues.  Note that it is not formally supported - only the Firefox ESR releases are supported.  The current ESR is 52 with the Firefox ESR 60 coming out this may.

browsers.png

Windchill 11.0 M030 compatibility matrix

Firefox ESR info

I know the Quantum releases are faster so I can imagine people are anxious to use them.

Thanks Jeff.  I've switched back to using IE just for Windchill (with Firefox as my default browser) but our Windchill guys weren't aware that current releases of FF aren't supported, so that's useful to know.

@JeffZemsky 

Jeff,

I wonder what is the best way to keep up with the changing Platform support matrix?

James
Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS08
WGM 11.0 M030
Inventor Pro 2017
Windows 10

Top Tags