cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Windchill 8.0 M030 to Windchill 10.2 M020 Upgrade

RanjitG.
1-Newbie

Windchill 8.0 M030 to Windchill 10.2 M020 Upgrade

We have identified two approaches to get to the target environment.

1) Windchill 8.0 to 9.1 M070 then Windchill 9.1 M070 to 10.2 M020

2) Windchill 8.0 to 10.1 M050 then Windchill 10.1 M050 to 10.2 M020

PTC official upgrade documentation states that "Install the LDAP server. When upgrading from release 8.0, you must use Aphelion for the upgrade and migrate Windchill Directory Server after the upgrade is complete."

PTC Article CS20502 emphasizes on the above statement.

So far, we have been able to import LDIF (successfully) from WC 8 into WC 10.1 with a few tweaks (after converting to Windchill DS format) and we're apprehensive about getting into issues with this during/after running the upgrade manager.

Any suggestion with known issues, risks and rewards?

2 REPLIES 2

PTC's reponse on this - "As for the changing from Aphelion to Windchill DS, nothing more is needed than export, conversion tool, import. I’ve never seen that not work, regardless of what any documentation says. But it’s hard to justify the effort to clean up the documentation considering upgrading from 8.0 is so incredibly rare these days."

rkayasth
6-Contributor
(To:RanjitG.)

Hello Ranjit,

Mail me on Ravin.kayasth@tatatechnologies.com for full detailed overview of the upgrade path you are looking for.

I have recently accomplished for one of my recent projects...

Rgds,

Ravin

Announcements

Top Tags