cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Windchill 9.1 - output PDF of drawing and JT of model via workflow

BlitzSpirit
3-Visitor

Windchill 9.1 - output PDF of drawing and JT of model via workflow

Hello all

I don't regularly post to these forums, so I ask you to excuse any failings in etiquette beforehand!

I'm a business administrator and I want to set up Windchill so that it outputs a drawing as a PDF file and the associated model as a JT file. At present we do this manually, so we already have the applications for creating the files (Adobe Standard and JT Translator). I would like to initiate the process for creating the files from a specific point in an existing workflow.

I don't need a complete answer (although it would be nice!), but any thoughts on how best to go about this would be appreciated.

Regards,

Lee

1 REPLY 1

Hello

you will need to set up "Workers" . a peace of PTC software + may be hardware .

Their role: automate the process of translation and link the result to the CADdoc or WTPart ...

Don't know if your adobe and JT translator is enough ...

may be you will need to use translators supported by windchill ... (for example Theorem for catiav5 to Productview)

If you want to publish on a specific point of a workflow, you will need to implement a customized robot for launching publication on the Workers .. (very simple java code)

regards

Top Tags