cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Windchill ADU Licenses not getting consumed in the License Page

amar_karthi
12-Amethyst

Windchill ADU Licenses not getting consumed in the License Page

Hello,

We have a certain quantity of a product as ADU licenses in our Windchill 12.0.2.10 implementation.

This ADU licenses are assigned to users working globally and they are using functionalities which are part of this ADU License. (We confirmed this by removing users from this ADU license which prevented them with certain features which only works when users are assigned this license).

But weirdly, we never see the license count being consumed in the License management page in our Windchill. Had created a TS case where they are unable to figure out.

Is there a way to find out if the ADU license is actually being consumed or is this is an issue with the License management page not displaying details correctly?

Has anyone faced such issues?

Thanks in advance!

Amar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Amar,

The only thing that comes to mind for me is on the License Management page, there is a column "Enforced". Maybe the license file PTC generated for you had Enforced set to "No" somehow?

joe_morton_2-1689864166213.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You can check which license group a user is assigned to using a query builder report.

How to generate a QueryBuilder report showing to which license groups users are assigned in Windchill

Marco

Thanks @Marco_Tosin 

But this would just list me details of the group assignment which we are able to see from the Participant Administration page itself. Our main concern is why is the license count not getting reduced as we are sure it is being used.

Thanks,

Amar

Hi Amar,

The only thing that comes to mind for me is on the License Management page, there is a column "Enforced". Maybe the license file PTC generated for you had Enforced set to "No" somehow?

joe_morton_2-1689864166213.png

Top Tags