cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Windchill Admin Issue: Unable to Authenticate into Windchill DS Control Panel

jflynn
5-Regular Member

Windchill Admin Issue: Unable to Authenticate into Windchill DS Control Panel

Hello,

I've unfortunately been pushed into the role of Windchill admin because of the size of our company and the fact that I'm the only one with experience.

The WC server has been running fine since the initial install. I recently connected a external hard drive and setup an automated Microsoft Windows 7 Pro backup of the 😧 partition and an image of the entire internal hard drive (where WC is installed). After setting this up, the computer was turned off for a few days to a week. When I booted the WC server computer up this morning and tried to get the server up and running by signing into WCDS Control Panel, I received the following error after trying to log in: "Could not connect to the server. Check that the server is running. Details: javax.naming.CommunicationException: 0.0.0.0.4444 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect]".

Other than setting up the backup I have not changed anything on the WC server mostly due to the fear of breaking something I'm incapable of fixing. I've been prompted multiple times to upgrade Java to "Java 8 Update 144" but have refrained because once again I feared it would break something in the backend. 

I've dug around on the PTC eSupport Portal, but couldn't find anything directly relating to this. I did find an article that led me to believe that it could be a port # issue. Just in case my admin connector port is 4444 but my LDAP port is 389. I'm not sure if those two should be the same or not.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arshad
17-Peridot
(To:jflynn)

Hi 

Please try updating the host file to map it with correct hostname per article CS153026

1. Navigate to Run.
  2. Type drivers.
  3. Open etc folder.
  4. Open host file in editor.
  5. Add loopback address (127.0.0.1) for FQHN (Fully Qualified Host Name).
  6. Save the file.

Restart Windchill DS and try log in.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The port numbers are correct.

Is Windchill DS (and Windchill) set to starst as services or are they manually started whenever you 'need' Windchill?

Has the WindchillDS somehow been changed?

jflynn
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Windchill Server, services, and SQLServer have all been setup to automatically start at boot up. I would sometimes have to manually "restart" the server to get it to work properly. I have never manupulated any of the settings on WindchillDS or the source files on the 😧 partion it exists on.

Arshad
17-Peridot

Hi 

Please try updating the host file to map it with correct hostname per article CS153026

1. Navigate to Run.
  2. Type drivers.
  3. Open etc folder.
  4. Open host file in editor.
  5. Add loopback address (127.0.0.1) for FQHN (Fully Qualified Host Name).
  6. Save the file.

Restart Windchill DS and try log in.

Top Tags