cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Windchill Attribute value/OOTB Tab customization

MV_10441462
10-Marble

Windchill Attribute value/OOTB Tab customization

I'm looking to add an action to the PrimaryContent attribute in General group under the Details Tab as shown in the attached image.

Just like how the PDF icon in the value downloads the PDF when clicked upon, I need to add another icon that performs an action.

Could anyone help me with it? Need API ways or any other workaround.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MV_10441462 

You need to extend the PrimaryAttachmentPropertiesDataUtility.class 

then you need to generate standard DataValue from that class and in the end you generate own GuiComponent and add it to the final GuiArrayComponent.

Example of code is here

public class MultiComponentDataUtility extends PrimaryAttachmentPropertiesDataUtility //AssignmentsTableNmActionsDataUtility
{
	public Object getDataValue(String component_id, Object obj, ModelContext modelContext) throws WTException
	{
		// create original Component
		GUIComponentArray retObject = (GUIComponentArray) super.getDataValue(component_id, obj, modelContext);

//example of menuaction  from Workflow table so generate own nmAction used in the wf table
		AssignmentsTableNmActionsDataUtility actionDataUtility  = new AssignmentsTableNmActionsDataUtility();
		NmAction nmAction = (NmAction) actionDataUtility.getDataValue(component_id, obj, modelContext);
		// crate new NmActionGuiComponent from nmAction that allows to add it to the GUIComponentArray
		NmActionGuiComponent nmActionGuiComponent = new NmActionGuiComponent(nmAction);
		// adding own custom NmActionGuiComponent to the finall array
		retObject.addGUIComponent(nmActionGuiComponent);

return retObject;
	}
}

also do not forget to redefine the DataUtility in the enterprise.dataUtilities.properties to set your own custom datautility Class for primaryAttachmentProperties selector

PetrH

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I would think this can be done in one of two ways. It depends on how that URL to the content and the icons are generated. My guess is that its a data utility. We would need to find the right one and extend it. This would the allow you to add additional actions and icons next to the open content type icon. I checked jcaDebug quickly but it did not give me data on which one it was,

Hi @avillanueva 

DataUtility is com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.attachments.dataUtilities.PrimaryAttachmentPropertiesDataUtility

PetrH

Hi @MV_10441462 

Do you need something like following picture? 

HelesicPetr_0-1669901296244.png

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr Yes exactly. I need to add a similar icon next to the info icon on the PrimaryContent attribute value only for wt.doc.WtDocument types.

The icon when clicked will open a url that's generated dynamically.

Hi @MV_10441462 

You need to extend the PrimaryAttachmentPropertiesDataUtility.class 

then you need to generate standard DataValue from that class and in the end you generate own GuiComponent and add it to the final GuiArrayComponent.

Example of code is here

public class MultiComponentDataUtility extends PrimaryAttachmentPropertiesDataUtility //AssignmentsTableNmActionsDataUtility
{
	public Object getDataValue(String component_id, Object obj, ModelContext modelContext) throws WTException
	{
		// create original Component
		GUIComponentArray retObject = (GUIComponentArray) super.getDataValue(component_id, obj, modelContext);

//example of menuaction  from Workflow table so generate own nmAction used in the wf table
		AssignmentsTableNmActionsDataUtility actionDataUtility  = new AssignmentsTableNmActionsDataUtility();
		NmAction nmAction = (NmAction) actionDataUtility.getDataValue(component_id, obj, modelContext);
		// crate new NmActionGuiComponent from nmAction that allows to add it to the GUIComponentArray
		NmActionGuiComponent nmActionGuiComponent = new NmActionGuiComponent(nmAction);
		// adding own custom NmActionGuiComponent to the finall array
		retObject.addGUIComponent(nmActionGuiComponent);

return retObject;
	}
}

also do not forget to redefine the DataUtility in the enterprise.dataUtilities.properties to set your own custom datautility Class for primaryAttachmentProperties selector

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr 

I implemented the dataUtility class as per the sample you shared and updated the xconf as well. My question is, should this dataUtility be called from anywhere? Because my requirement is that the icon I'm trying to add should be added to the value of PrimaryContent attribute and only for WtDocument types. 

Top Tags