cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Windchill CAGE code

DaveEngel
5-Regular Member

Windchill CAGE code

I’m working on architecting a Windchill PDMLink 9.1 instance where I’ve exposed the CAGE code with preferences. My site has 1 hosting organization with a bogus CAGE code; however I have multiple competencies using this instance with different real CAGE codes. I’ve created organizations with the principal administrator to represent these competencies with their respective CAGE codes.

When I create an EPMDocument with Pro/Engineer, and check it in; it will by default be assigned the bogus CAGE code of the hosting organization, unless the user at check in explicitly changes the ORG ID to one of the principal organizations. Actually it will assign the hosting organization CAGE at upload. I’m using the organization in OIRs to control lifecycles, numbering schemes, and so on. I don’t want users to check in files with the bogus CAGE code.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle this? Nothing I construct with an OIR seems to help.

The documentation and help leads me to believe there is a solution, however I haven’t realized it yet.

v/r

Dave Engel

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags