cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Cache Recovery Tool - Version 2.05 (WC_FileRecovery) - 64 bit version

RonThellen
14-Alexandrite

Windchill Cache Recovery Tool - Version 2.05 (WC_FileRecovery) - 64 bit version

This tool has been available on the PTC/USER forum for some time but the installation package didn't make it during the migration of data to the PTC Community.

The discussion from the PTC/USER forum was included in the migration and can be found here: Windchill Cache Recovery Tool.

Ron Thellen

15 REPLIES 15
Dmi3U
15-Moonstone
(To:RonThellen)

Thanks Ron,

You can't even imagine how many times this tool got me and my users back-in-business.

Thank You

Hello,

I tired to recover using this tool but it didn't helped me.

I am looking for the .drw file that are missing from my local workspace and the tool showed me the .asm,prt files.

Any another option to take out the .drw files.

please suggest...!

Regards

Ashok

Does it work with 10.2?

Thanks

Pardeep

yes it will work.

please go throw the users feedback and the process of retrving the data from the corrupted workspace.

Windchill Cache Recovery Tool

Also, It only works with Pro/E files and not with third party CAD tools like Inventor, right?

Thanks

Pardeep

RonThellen
14-Alexandrite

My apologies for the delay in responding.  In answer to your questions and others:

1. Ashok kumar: The tool examines all "lid" files you select and attempts to determine the Creo file type, including drawings.  After examining each file, the file type (PART, ASSEMBLY, DRAWING, etc.) is listed in the display.  If the tool cannot determine the file type, that field is left blank.  The user guide (included in the installation -- see your Start menu for a shortcut to the guide) has several screen captures that show examples of a recovery session.  If no drawings were recovered, I can only assume none of the lid files were of drawings.  Make sure you are collecting the lid files from the correct cache location.
  2. Pardeep Singh: Yes, it will work with Windchill 10.2 cache files.  And currently it only recovers PTC Pro/E and Creo files -- no third party files at this time.

Ron

mibosh
6-Contributor

Ron,

Just wanted to say thanks (again) for the continued support with cache recovery tool.

I'm currently using it on Windchill 10.2 M030-CPS18 with Creo 3.0 M110 and it works great.

I can't tell you how many times I have used this tool to save someone's work (butt) when things crash on them.

Mike

What is the trick for getting this to install on Windows 7? It has a dependency for .net 2.0 which is not installable, as the dependency is supposed to be fulfilled by .net 3.5.

If I just install the .msi directly will it skip the detection, and just rely on the already installed 3.5.1?

RonThellen
14-Alexandrite

Let me check my installer setup.  I thought I changed the .NET dependency with the last release.  Odd that it wouldn't have detected your 3.5 and accepted that.  Of course, the next question becomes, what version of .NET should I target?  The current is 4.6.2.

Glad you were able to get around the issue.

sprosser
6-Contributor

Ron, I'm a big fan of your tool. Used it a lot for our Creo users.

We do have SolidWorks users that use the Unified Workgroup Manager and manage their files in Windchill beside our regular Creo users. Do you think it would be possible to add recovery for SolidWorks LID files as well?

The UWGM does not provide any "Frame" functionality and the fact that we see corrupted SolidWorks workspaces a lot would make it a great benefit...

Stephan

I actually have not gotten it installed. I was asking if I install the msi directly, will it bypass the check?

Installation via the msi bypassed the check, and it seems to run!

gsputhran
4-Participant

Thanks Ron. I can imagine this should be a life saver for many users. 

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your TOOL !
It works on Windchill PTC 11.0 M030 !!

Hi,

Thank you for this beautiful tool. It saves me so many times!

I just want to notify some errors/problems with Windchill 11.x/Creo 4.0

When I try to use this utility in Windchill 11.0 (latest updates) and Windchill 11.1 I can't recover DRW files.

Every time I try to select and restore a DRW file, the Recovery tool prompts the error: unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

In Windchill 11.1, files name are modified with a black square with white "?". This is a problem, because when I try to import the files, Creo can have difficulties with relationschip.

Top Tags