Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill Cache Recovery Tool

RE: Windchill Cache Recovery Tool

Interesting suggestion. Any others think this would be useful? Would it be sufficient to simply display the version information in therecovered dataand the user select and recover the specific file?

Regarding the source code, I consider this to be personal Intellectual Property, so I'm afraid I'll have to say no to that request.

Ron

RE: Windchill Cache Recovery Tool

Sure that coud help to decide which exact version i want. Perhaps related to another workspace,

but other reason could be to use it as "restoring previous Version" Tool.

So, my standpoint, yes but only as an possible option in the Recovery tool. Eventually a switch in "View" ?

Re: Windchill Cache Recovery Tool

Windchill Cache Recovery Tool - Version 2.05

The latest version of the application with the recently requested feature (include each file's version information) has been uploaded into the PTC Windchill Documents page (Windchill Cache Recovery Tool - Version 2.05 (WC_FileRecovery) - 64 bit version). If the 32 bit version is still needed, I can upload that as well.

Unzip the download, run the setup and complete the installation. See the User Guide (included in the installation) as well as this thread for details on using the application.

Ron

I have uploaded the 32 bit version to the PTC Windchill Documents page (Windchill Cache Recovery Tool - Version 2.05 (WC_FileRecovery) - 32 bit version) as requested by a member.

Ron

Hi Ron,

thank you for this fantastic tool. It helped us many times.

I noticed one think when i used it last time, there is not possibility to recover dxf files from cache, would it be possible to implement it in new version.

Thank you

David

David,

Currently the tool only recovers PTC Pro/E and Creo files.  I only have access to a Pro/INTRALINK system (Wintralink, as it has been called by others), so no other files types are available to me.  Sorry.

Ron

I did not get the guide with the cache recovery tool. This would be a handy reference.

Here you are.

Highlighted

Hi Ron,

Can you please share the user guide as the downloaded folder just contains the installer now.

Thanks in advance!

Amarkarthi.

If you had tried searching the community website, you would have found the guide.

Same thing googling

https://community.ptc.com/sejnu66972/attachments/sejnu66972/Windchill/21639/1/WC_FileRecovery%202%20...

Marco