cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Clipboard limit

lspicer
4-Participant

Windchill Clipboard limit

Issue: Currently the number of items that can be added to the Windchill Clipboard is 250.  The request is to change the value to at least 1000.

This value can be change by executing xconfmanager -s wt.clipboard.limit =1000 -t codebase/wt.properties -p" in a Windchill shell.

Since this would be a category for site wide change, affecting many.

Question: does changing this limit size for buffer affect performance, in any way? Pros & Cons for consideration?

2 REPLIES 2
bcedar
14-Alexandrite
(To:lspicer)

Has there been any testing on system impact for this change?  My group is having a similar issue and I'm also interesting in the drawbacks of changing this size.

Increasing the size limit does affect performance, but I think you should be fine at 1000. Here's some info I found from tech support:

When objects are copied to the clipboard, only a reference to the object is copied, not the object itself. These references will use some memory, so the more objects copied to the clipboard, the more memory that will be used. However, the amount of memory that these references use is fairly small, so I doubt you’d see any noticeable impact on performance after setting the limit to 1000.

Top Tags