cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Windchill, Column Display, Parameters, HELP!!!!!!!

dgrobe
6-Contributor

Windchill, Column Display, Parameters, HELP!!!!!!!

OK, Can someone please point me in the direction, or steps, or wherever i need to go, in order to get the display in Windchill, (commonspace, and workspace) to display a model parameter in the columns.    currently it shows number, name, version, state, file name. "Name" is the ptc_common_name

I know how to create custom columns, and change the columns, and organize all of that. 

I however, want to replace the "Name" columm, with a "description" column.  The description is located in the model parameters under "DESCRIPTION"  

The reason i dont want to use NAME (ptc_common_name) is because our BOM reports are pulling descriptions from the model parameters, and if that particular parameter isnt filled in, it shows blank in the BOM report.

(maybe there is a way to have the bom report pull ptc_common_name and it would be easier)

2 REPLIES 2

you have to have the parameters you want to see in windchill set to designate in parameters pop up.

Ajit_Kulkarni
14-Alexandrite
(To:dgrobe)

I think you are asking about customized views in Windchill. Please follow below article.

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r11.2.0.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/UserSetupTableViewCustomize.html 

Top Tags