cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Windchill Configuration Assistant

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Windchill Configuration Assistant

Every day I read the posted Case Solutions - usually learn a lot.

Today PTC posted CS40876 - How to run Windchill Configuration Assistant. We have been playing with this lately and fine tuning some things. Part of the CS says "The PTC Solution Installer (PSI) runs the WCA after base data is loaded. If the base data is not loaded, WCA is not run." Our production server and every OTB install and every rehosted system that we have all say prominently next to "Method Server ready in..." WINDCHILL CONFIGURATION ASSISTANT (wca) HAS NOT BEEN USED! ... WCA SHOULD BE USED PRIOR TO PRODUCT USAGE."

Seems that we must have "base data" loaded on all these systems but not sure.

We've run wca on production occasionally, and on all other systems - and all seems to work perfectly and properties are in effect, but this message remains. Wondering what bonehead mistake we're making.

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Hmmm...
10.1 M040

WCA was run recently:
[cid:image003.png@01CFA7E7.5F35D080]

Message presented for every method server startup:
[cid:image001.png@01CFA7E7.21F5E200]

Property not defined.
[cid:image002.png@01CFA7E7.21F5E200]

Does everyone just live with this? Any recommended way to eliminate this message?

thanks

Yup, I had the same issue.
When you use "configure" it just generates the "windchillconfigurator.xconf" & doesn`t propagate.
If you don't propagate the values while running WCA, the build date property doesn`t get added into wt.properties.

If the Windchill Configuration Assistant is executed in propagation mode, it automatically adds the ConfigurationRef element to the site.xconf file (if not already present) & also the wca.buildDate

Hope this helps.

Regards,
~Prasanth

Top Tags