cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Windchill - Creo Parameter

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Windchill - Creo Parameter

How to get automatically Approver by, Approver Date and same for Reviewer into Parameter. Once promotion approver and reviewer is complete.

Regards,

Aj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

There can be some reason for it why it does not work with wch 12.0 but it is connected to the code or something else.

It is very simple to say it does not work. 

It is similar that I say to car service stuff  "my car has been broken" how can I fix it by my self :D.

PetrH

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Some better information will help generate a better answer.

Are you using workflows for promotion requests?

Do you want an approval in Windchill to update in Creo and be included on the drawing?

You need to have the attribute in Windchill tied to the parameter in Creo. Once updated in Windchill, the reo file will need to be loaded and regenerated to have the parameter updated.

Thanks for the reply @BenLoosli 

Article - CS287504
How to automatically create parameters with values like PTC_WM_PART_NAME, PTC_WM_PART_NUMBER, PTC_WM_NAME, PTC_WM_NUMBER inside the CAD models

Refer to this one, same as this for APPROVER_BY & DATE | REVIEWER_BY & DATE I found it somewhere in PTC esupport, but currently, I can't able to find it.

Regards,

AJ

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

So you can rewrite provided code by PT|C and create additional parameters and also fill this parameters based on your needs 

for example in the end of the promotion process write the value to the parameter

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS287504

I usually use own code to write values to the CAD model attributes in Windchill based on workflow action and during download the values are always written to the model. 

After republishing the actual values are in the Creo View

PetrH

Thanks for the reply @HelesicPetr 

I created and tested in the above 12.1 version it's applicable, but if I go with a lower version like Windchill 12.0 and below it's not work.

Regards,

Amir

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

There can be some reason for it why it does not work with wch 12.0 but it is connected to the code or something else.

It is very simple to say it does not work. 

It is similar that I say to car service stuff  "my car has been broken" how can I fix it by my self :D.

PetrH

Top Tags