cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Windchill Customization

tgudobba
14-Alexandrite

Windchill Customization

Hello all,

I'm interested in learning about customizing Windchill. My company is relatively new to Windchill, and I have experience in VB and C# languages, along with some Java. Any recommendations on what company provides the best training?

8 REPLIES 8
AL_ANDERSON
5-Regular Member
(To:tgudobba)

In the past there have been three courses that PTC offered that you should
send people to: one for business admin, one for system admin, and one for
customization. I suspect they still offer them, or something similar.

Additionally, the online Windchill System Admin, Business Admin, and
Customization guides that you can download from PTC are excellent - they
are just very, very, very, very long - like 3 encyclopedias on Windchill.

However, I promise you that if you do take the time to wade through them,
then you will know as much or more about Windchill than many of the PTC
Tech Support guys who answer the phone when you call in with a problem.

Al

I contacted PTC about when, and how often, they offer the customizers course and was basically told it was on an as needed basis. When they have 8-10 people interested, they will run the course. At the time, I was the only person who was interested, they had not had anyone else contact them.

Chris
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:tgudobba)

On 08/15/14 10:20, Tim Gudobba wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I'm interested in learning about customizing Windchill. My company is relatively new to Windchill,
> and I have experience in VB and C# languages, along with some Java. Any recommendations on what
> company provides the best training?
>

Check out JD's "Windchill Programming" class:

>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695

Second that! I had my team take the class together, and JD worked with us remotely. It was extremely valuable.

Hi what do you meant by JD? 

Shashi, JD Felkins from http://www.felcosolutions.com/

"At the time, I was the only person who was interested..."

This is strange since we had contacted PTC recently as well on that exact subject (including filling out the "I'm interested" thing online....which was ignored until I raised the question to other folks at PTC......then, apparently, ignored again.....I think I'm getting a complex.......). I think the "only person" thing boils down to the typical if it's not easy, it won't actually happen.

And concur on JD's stuff, that was my first suggestion but y'all beat me to the punch.

BK

We took PTC's customization class about a year ago. Turns out PTC only has one person who teaches the class....at least that was the case at the time we took it. They also have been going back and forth on the course content. When we initially looked at the class about3 years ago, we were interested in the Info*Engine content. Of course they had just removed that content because they said "no one was interested in it anymore". Since that was the case, we took JD's class which was very good. Then about a year ago, we decided we wanted more UI/Java customization and contacted PTC again. This time, the syllabus for the class was 3 full days of Info*Engine and 2 days UI/Java customization. *Sigh* We finally settled taking the2 days of UI/Java Customization. The class was ok. I was really interested in learning about wizards and how data flows between thesteps, what kind of information is in the NmCommand bean etc., and although there was a wizard exercise, it was pretty high level.

~Jamie

Top Tags