cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Windchill Desktop Integration

kirk.wemple
1-Newbie

Windchill Desktop Integration

Has anyone had success in deploying Windchill Desktop Integration for managing MS Office documents in Projectlink and PDMLink? We have run into a lot of annoying bugs on our development systems with this software managing Office 2003 docs. PTC has fixed the issues in 9.1 M050; but initial testing is still yielding some minor issues that would make deployment to production risky.

--Kirk Wemple

2 REPLIES 2

We gave up on it in 8.0 due to many bugs seen - haven't tried in 9.0. Very interested in what bugs you find.

Iwould be very interested in any bugs found in 9.0 (M040) or 9.1 (M030), I have used it daily for simple checkin/out of documentation (mainly Word and Excel (2003) files) and found a few annoying things, but nothiing major.

I usually launch the file by clicking the Word/Excel Download file icon in Windchill then use the Windchill Add in buttons in Word/Excel to CheckOut/In.

I have a requirement to support Office 2007, so I need to upgrade to 9.1, but am reluctant to go later than M030 because of the Aphelion change.

A couple of issues I have found:-

1. Speed - sometimes very slow to launch the application

2. Sometimes CheckIn and Checkout are disabled in the application, despite being connected (can usually be solved by reconnecting). Above may be related to having multiple documents open at the same time.

3. Doesn't close the application after CheckIn

Top Tags