cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Desktop integration problem incorrect value of version.Iteration shown in document.

mbuonfiglioli
12-Amethyst

Windchill Desktop integration problem incorrect value of version.Iteration shown in document.

I work At Continental and we have the following below (See pictures below) situation.

1. When I open a Word document by (default I Open and download, asking for check-out), now I see that the resulting value showed in "word" is AA.6 but due to the fact that I just checked-out it should be AA.7 (this value inserted by windchill menu  3.PNG), I have no clear which can be the problem ?
  2. When i create document in wise (In autonumbering mode) is mandatory to load local file, but in this case I have later to check-out download, rename the file and upload again, and chek-in !?
  3. Also another task to see deeper is the procedure of "Save as" of Microsoft office documents !?

The online resource are not enough precise and do not describe any best practice or example, can somebody share his experience or suggestion regarding this topic ???

1.PNG2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2

Hi, I feel your pain. My experience is similar.

On checkout the document will go from AA.6 to AA.6+ ( you won't really see this, system knows it is a modified local version of AA.6) only when checked back in will document go to AA.7

For some strange reason that I have not been able to work out. Windchill will ask to checkout document again. Don't be concerned it just seems to do this.

If you would like to have a new name for the version of the windchill document then you can use microsoft save as to change this name prior to checkin. so if file was document-thursday.doc and you want it to be document-friday.doc you can do that. The windchill object will still be the original name but the content will show up differently in the history.

hope this helps

I found similar post, that maybe put me in the right direction :

This mean that also the Office documents need that an additional content need to be replaced as a viewable in Creo view, opening from the common folder, and not only the original file, that during Download/Open/Check-Out inherits and read the value from Windchill that still remain at the previous Check-Out iteration until you will do the check-in again.
Another workaround to see the correct iteration could be to use Macro enabled WORD document and add some events that read if the document is Checked-Out or not and in this case add calculated iteration as Before Checked-Out Version (i.e AA.1) + (Iteration+1) ie (AA.2). and in case of undo-Checked-Out it remains unchanged.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Desktop-integration-Windchill-11-0/m-p/596422

From these resource seems that a Worker need to be configured / Created and this property set = DTIProperties: Enable Merge

Configuring a Worker:

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/wc110_hc/whc_en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWorkAgentWorkSameMachine.html%23

Top Tags