cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Windchill Export CAD Data List

ptc-5102151
1-Newbie

Windchill Export CAD Data List

Hello there,

I'm fairly new to these boards (first time poster, long time reader) and I cannot seem to find an answer to my problem.

I have been asked to export a list (in Excel or CSV format) of ALL parts, drawings, assemblies, etc. that exist in our system (along with their respective revision number). Is this even possible? If not, is there a work-around to get this information?

I'm thinking that it may be something that I can do in Report Manager, but unfortunately I cannot access this function (might be due to a Java incompatiblity?). If I do need to use Report Manager, can somebody please recommend the Java version that I should be using in order for Report Manager to work?

We are currently using Windchill PDMLink, Release 9.0, Datecode M050. If you need any other information, please let me know.

(Just an FYI, I saw on PTC that Datecode M050 was part of Release 9.1, not 9.0. However, my system is telling me it's 9.0. So it could be either one of those.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Curtis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ptc-5102151)

If you turn off any search limits or database query limits that have been set (as an administrator), you could then simply do a search and then export the results to the file type of your choosing. Depending on how much stuff you have in your system, this will probably bury the method server for awhile, so you don't want to do this during business hours.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ptc-5102151)

If you turn off any search limits or database query limits that have been set (as an administrator), you could then simply do a search and then export the results to the file type of your choosing. Depending on how much stuff you have in your system, this will probably bury the method server for awhile, so you don't want to do this during business hours.

Thank you! I will give that a try this afternoon, but I don't see why that wouldn't work!

I knew it had to be something I was missing. I'll post tomorrow and let you know if that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks Tom! This worked for me, although I kept crashing the server so I had to do it in pieces! Thanks again!!

Top Tags