cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Windchill FMEA - Mission profile

AChieppi
2-Guest

Windchill FMEA - Mission profile

Hi everyone.

I’ve just bought Windchill Quality Solutions 11.0. I need to perform a component FMEA for an equipment defining a mission profile with 2 or more phases.

In the FMEA I need to split the failure effects that are different depending on the mission phase in which the considered failure mode occurs. I need to obtain a table like this:

1.png

In the FMECA Worksheet, in the Mission phase field, I can select one of the phases at time but I cannot insert all the phases for the same failure mode.

When I move the mouse on the Mission phase field label, the following pop-up appears:

2.png

It seems to me that it is possible to specify different effect for different phases but I don’t know what FIN Definition file is and how to use it.

Moreover, the help file states that the definition of different effects depending on the mission phase is possible but it does not specify how:

3.png

Do you have any suggestion?

I tried to duplicate the failure modes and include manually the different phases but the calculation does not take into account the Mission Phase weight and I obtain that the sum of all the effects is 2 times the item failure rate.

Thanks

Alberto

1 REPLY 1

I have the same problem but nobody seems to provide a solution.

Top Tags