cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Windchill Family Table

luiz.hnm
8-Gravel

Windchill Family Table

If i can have a family table with a code number registered for each instance in my ERP system, what is the best option for PDM: have a family table with every single instance and its code numbers, and use it with repeat region in the drawing; or just put a handmade table on the drawing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jlecoz
13-Aquamarine
(To:luiz.hnm)

You don't need to use drawing and repeat region table to export the number to the ERP. In that context, it is questionable if you want to have the code number set within the family table.

Each Creo family table instance is a CAD document that can be linked to a WTPart. You can set this ERP code at WTPart level and get it sent to the ERP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Can you explain this better? What are the code numbers for? Seems like you have 1 model and it could represent many things in your ERP system. Typically, ERP items or material masters should be 1:1 with WTParts and could be 1:1 with CAD models but its not mandated that you do this.  Are you attempting to create variants?

Code numbers are for managing production. The CAD file has no variants, only the dimension size changes, and for each size there is a new code number. We created a flexible generic CAD to use in our assemblies, but to manage using Windchill I don't know which is the best recommended option: create a family table or just create a handmade table in a drawing showing these code numbers.

jlecoz
13-Aquamarine

You don't need to use drawing and repeat region table to export the number to the ERP. In that context, it is questionable if you want to have the code number set within the family table.

Each Creo family table instance is a CAD document that can be linked to a WTPart. You can set this ERP code at WTPart level and get it sent to the ERP.

Our process is the opposite, we receive the ERP number and enter it into Creo and Windchill CAD Documents. I want to know the best way to integrate this ERP data into Windchill.

Top Tags