cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Windchill Frames not displaying

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Windchill Frames not displaying

After upgrading to Windchill 11 for production we are seeing some weirdness that didn't show up in my test upgrades.  For certain actions we have the issue of "This content cannot be displayed in a frame" errors.  I have seen it happen in two locations.  One is the Related Objects - Where Used Tab for EPMDocuments and the other is when trying to do a Save As on an object.  On the Where Used, it will allow you to pick open this content in a new window and it will open a new tab.  Below is the screen shot.  Anyone have a fix for this?  This is through the browser.  If connected in CREO, it seems to not happen.  Other weird thing is that the Where Used will all of a sudden start working later on.  I do not know if that is related to opening in a new tab or not.

This seems to be tied to IE 11.  I've gone and reset all the settings in IE 11 but that didn't help.

10-9-2017 8-24-36 AM.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

An update on this from trial and error.  This only happens when we use the alias name for the server in the path.  So if the server name is ABC.domain.com and we alias ABC to 123 and use the path as 123.domain.com is when we have the problem.  If we open Windchill with the ABC path we are fine.  We can ping and resolve 123.domain.com but certain things do not work in Windchill with it.  Anyone have any experience with this?

@BrianToussaint wrote:

An update on this from trial and error.  This only happens when we use the alias name for the server in the path.  So if the server name is ABC.domain.com and we alias ABC to 123 and use the path as 123.domain.com is when we have the problem.  If we open Windchill with the ABC path we are fine.  We can ping and resolve 123.domain.com but certain things do not work in Windchill with it.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Make sure compatibility view is turned off:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS203757

It was turned on.  However, it didn't fix the problem after restarting IE.  It works when the server name is used but not the aliased name.  I couldn't find the Enterprise Mode the article was talking about.

@BrianToussaint wrote:

It was turned on.  However, it didn't fix the problem after restarting IE.  It works when the server name is used but not the aliased name.  I couldn't find the Enterprise Mode the article was talking about.

Sounds like the IE browser cache needs to be cleared. Make sure to UNCHECK "Preserve Favorites website data" when deleting browsing history.

Top Tags