cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Frozen upon File Check-in

nebraska-engr
8-Gravel

Windchill Frozen upon File Check-in

Windchill 11.1, Creo 5.0.4.0, Windows 10.1

User is trying to check in Creo files to our Windchill server, and Windchill freezes/gets stuck/spinning wheel of death (see attached image). All other functionality works correctly. User is able to rename, set state, and check out without issue. We have 11 Windchill users and only one has this issue.

We have tried restarting Creo, rebooting the workstation, and changed the config.pro browser option from IE to Chromium. The issue persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

Have you tried having the user:

1. Clear the browser cache?
  2. Delete the PTC directory on their computer and restarting Creo to create a new one?  If you have them do this make sure they check if everything was uploaded?  If not then export everything they need to keep first.

User was using Creo 5.0.0.0. 

Even though PTC advertises that Creo 5 and Windchill 11 are compatible, you must use Creo 5.0.4.0 to use Windchill 11 (according to PTC support).

The solution requires a complete wipe/uninstall of all Creo files, and a subsequent install of Creo 5.0.4.0.

Thank you for letting us know.

According to the Creo-Windchill compatibility roadmap, Creo 5.0.0.0 will work with Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS07.

Added: Creo 5.0.1.0 will work with Windchill 11.1 M010.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:BenLoosli)

Then PTC needs to change their documentation.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:STEVEG)

@STEVEG wrote:

Then PTC needs to change their documentation.

Understatement of the year/decade!!!!

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:BenLoosli)

Yeah, but having to deal with PTC for so long it needs to be stated over and over so they might some day get the hint.

I opened a PTC support case and I was informed by the support tech that Creo 5.0.0.0 is not compatible with Windchill 11.1 and will cause check-in failures.

In the first line of my forum post, you can see that I am talking about 11.1, not 11.0

Top Tags