cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Global Attribute

IanWexler
3-Visitor

Windchill Global Attribute

I can not create a Global Attribute in my 10.1 M040 Instance. It has been a few months since I last did so, but have no idea what changed since then that will not let me do so? I log in as wcadmin, go to Type and Attribute Management and try and create an attribute named GreenTags. This is the error I receive. I would think that the wcadmin should have the authority as before, what should I look at to see if it is a rights issue or something else?

greentags.GIF

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

Ian Wexler

CM Manager

Digital Signal Corporation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AL_ANDERSON
5-Regular Member
(To:IanWexler)

Sorry if I'm sending you on a wilde goose chase, but the error looks like access control.

Try adding yourself to all of these groups:

Administrators

WorkflowAdministrators

Type Administrators

Attribute Administrators

then refreshing your page, and trying again.

If that doesn't work, then I'd log a support ticket. I have seen errors like the one you are showing when I was not a member of one of these special groups, but I would have thought "Attribute Administrators" or at least "Administrators" would do it for you.

Al

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I've run into something similar and had to clear my browser cache, including cookies, but I was using Internet Explorer. Not sure if Chrome has the same thing.

Thanks Theresa for the input. Unfortunately, that didn't fix the problem. I find the more and more I try and use Windchill, the more and more I find it is harder and harder to do the simpilest things.

AL_ANDERSON
5-Regular Member

My guess is that you are not a member of the Attribute Administrators group. It is a special, out of the box group that even if you are a Site or Org Admin you still need to be a member of to edit this kind of thing in the Type and Attribute Manager.

"Attribute Administrators"

...Those who can create Attributes and Units

Al

Thanks Al,

That may be, but I have not changed anything and up until a few weeks ago when I made new attributes, I was able to do so? I have always been able to log in as the wcadmin and make these additions and changes. Where would I go to see if somehow that group has been changed?

Ian

AL_ANDERSON
5-Regular Member

Go to the Organization --> Utilities --> Participant Administration.

Use the + option to add your user and/or the Attribute Administrators group to the session. Then look at the memberships of you and/or that group. If you are not in the group, then add yourself. Once in that group, you should be able to create global attributes.

I added myself and both the wcadmin and orgadmin to the group. Still getting the same error as above? Could this be an issue at the table level where the table is full or read only?

Thanks for all the help and advice.

AL_ANDERSON
5-Regular Member

Sorry if I'm sending you on a wilde goose chase, but the error looks like access control.

Try adding yourself to all of these groups:

Administrators

WorkflowAdministrators

Type Administrators

Attribute Administrators

then refreshing your page, and trying again.

If that doesn't work, then I'd log a support ticket. I have seen errors like the one you are showing when I was not a member of one of these special groups, but I would have thought "Attribute Administrators" or at least "Administrators" would do it for you.

Al

Awesome! Thanks a lot! I ended up adding to the Type Administrator and was able to addthe Global Attribute!

Have been following this with interest. Have not had the experience that you have noted. Since it now works after adding to that group, wcadmin was missing some access. It's possible that wcadmin a) doesn't have an email address, which it doesn't from installation and is prerequisite for many actions b) is not a member of the default organization. Might out of curiousity check out these two (Site, Util, Participant Admin) and see if wcadmin then has all needed access without being part of that group.

Top Tags