cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Windchill Indexing

WILLYVELARDE
1-Newbie

Windchill Indexing

Does anyone uses WIndchill Indexing Servicse powered by FAST ESP?

Is this the only solution available for Windchill customers?

Is anyone using other Indexing solutions?

We seems to be having issues when indexing large collections and taking lots of time before it completes. During that time keyword searching is somewhat very limited.

Willy Velarde

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Willy,

I'm using FAST ESP too (version 5.1.3 with Windchill 9.7), and it's the only indexer PTC provide. PTC used to be with "Retreivalware" in Windchill 7.0 but they moved on FAST at Windchill 8.0 for reliability reasons. But I find FAST as weak as Retreivalware. On top of that support from PTC is very minimal beacause it's a third party software.

What version are you running?

I think FAST is supported only on Windows Server 2003 32bit. Wath OS are you using?

FAST is the index solution for Windchill 9.1. In Windchill 10 FAST will be replaced by Apache Solr (http://lucene.apache.org/solr/). FAST is only supported on Windows 2003 32-bit, Solaris 10 Sparc, HP-UX 11i V2, AIX 5.3/6.1 32-bit, and Red Hat 4/5 64bit. If your running FAST on Windows Server 2003 64-bit or Windows Server 2008 you will have issues and PTC will not be able to help.

Top Tags