cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Installation - Could not connect to LDAP server

ptc-6026219
1-Newbie

Windchill Installation - Could not connect to LDAP server

Hi guys,

I am trying to install windchill. But it is showing error like,

"Could not connect to the LDAP server '... ' on port 389.

Kindly let me know what the error is.

Regards and Thanks,

Rajeshkumar

Screenshot of the error:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A few questions to help better understand this Winddchill installation

1. What option did you select for "Windchill Directory Server"? Install and configure, or configure?
  2. With this Windchill install, are you installing a new Windchill Directory Server, or are you using an existing Windchill Directory Server for this Windchill install?
  3. Is port 389 already in use by another application on the server where you are installing this instance of Windchill? (netstat -an)
  4. Is "inbasdpc06054.mahindrasatyam.ad" a valid DNS host name?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The error is saying that the installer can't connect to WindchillDS on port 389. Have you already installed WindchillDS? If so, open up the WindchillDS control panel and make sure the status shows started.

Hi Chris,

I once installed the Windchill in my machine and removed them. I tried to instal Windchill again and it dispayed the error.

I removed the old installation folder completly and did the entire installation again, now the installation is successfull and is working fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajeshkumar

A few questions to help better understand this Winddchill installation

1. What option did you select for "Windchill Directory Server"? Install and configure, or configure?
  2. With this Windchill install, are you installing a new Windchill Directory Server, or are you using an existing Windchill Directory Server for this Windchill install?
  3. Is port 389 already in use by another application on the server where you are installing this instance of Windchill? (netstat -an)
  4. Is "inbasdpc06054.mahindrasatyam.ad" a valid DNS host name?

Hi Michael,

Replying to your questions:

1. I selected Install and configure for the Windchill directory server.

2. I already had Windchill in my mahine which I removed completely and did a complete installation. Now it is working fine.

3. The port was not used by any other application.

4. The host which I used is a valid name.

I am repeating the same what I replied to Chris R. Spartz.

I once installed the Windchill in my machine and removed them. I tried to instal Windchill again and it dispayed the error.

I removed the old installation folder completly and did the entire installation again, now the installation is successfull and is working fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajeshkumar

Top Tags