cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Windchill Mobile update

PetrP
14-Alexandrite

Windchill Mobile update

Hello,

any info about upcoming Windchill mobile app supporting iOS 11? Still can see only these apps...

Thx

7 REPLIES 7
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:PetrP)

Hi Petr,

as you can see in this document, Windchill Mobile will be dismissed as of 11.0 M030.

Windchill Mobile clients functionality is not supported with Windchill 11.0 M030.

https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/167201/en/Windchill11.0M030SoftwareMatrices_-_20171129.pdf

Marco

Marco
PetrP
14-Alexandrite
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Sounds me like a step back... That official app was comfortable and nice. Any particular reason why cancelled? What's the best solution to easily run WCH on a mobile platforms then?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:PetrP)

Unbelievable!  Just another product PTC offered then canceled.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:STEVEG)

No sales, so why offer it?

Wireless technolgy is not allowed in our facility, so the tablets would not do us any good.

We could have used it in our manufacturing environment for engineers going to the floor for issues, but we didn't want to pay for more licenses than we were going to use.  They required a 1-1 ratio.  I'd be paying for at least 90% of the fee for nonusage.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

Poor sales because of the chosen licensing model.  If this had been offered as a floating license instead of locked to named users and required for everyone, it probably would have done much better.

PetrP
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

Think they can force logout to avoid login on more devices at the same time if scared license policy abusing. For users with the license would be great to get WCH on mobile platform when on the way/workshop etc.

Top Tags