cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Windchill PDMLink 10.2 M030 Installed with errors at Business Reporting

kchaithanya
8-Gravel

Windchill PDMLink 10.2 M030 Installed with errors at Business Reporting

Hi All,

I've installed Windchill PDMLink 10.2 M030. The installation has been completed  but  with leaving two error at Business Reporting and Business reporting language pack.

Unable to find the reason for this.

Request you to suggest me  how to resolve.

(I'm here by attaching  error screen shot )

Thanks In Advance

12 REPLIES 12

This screenshot does not give enough information on why it is failing. You should be looking at Windchill_10.2\Reporting\installer\logs\WBR_Install.log and ptc\Windchill_10.2\PSI\installer\logs\PTCSOLNINSTALLER_PtcInstall for additional information.

I have noticed this error when you are trying to install Cognos from installers located in network folder.

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller International

Hi Binesh,

Thanks for your response.

I've searched for the above mentioned logs and found the below error.

Starting Cognos Failed: "CFG-ERR-0101 Unable to register IBM Cognos Service

I could not find any solution for this.

Kindly request you to help me on this issue.

That message is saying that Cognos failed to start. You'll have to check the cogserver.log to see why. The cogserver.log is located in your <Reporting>/logs directory.

Do you see IBM Cognos service in your services? Make sure UAC is disabled.

Hi Binesh,

I could not find cogserver.log which you've  mentioned in specified location. Please find attached screen shot of that location.

Also, I could not find any IBM Cognos related services from Windows services.

Try testing the cognos configuration and see if that reports any errors. Open the cognos configuration utility by running <Reporting>\bin64\cogconfig.bat. Once the utility has loaded, go to Action->Test. If that reports any problems, check the details to see what is failing.

HI Krishna,

As I have installed 10.2 M030 on 6 servers till now and every time I found this issue except one server.

As per me, this is a Bug. After cognos installation, it creates a windows service as cognos, but does not get started automatically during installation process and then installation shows as failed for both cognos and language pack.

I found a workaround for this issue.

when installation fails, start Cognos service from windows services-cognos-start. Confirm services started.

then again run the psi and this time select recover failed installation. Installation will be successful.

Regards,

Shekhr

Hi Shekhr Singh,

Thanks for your response.

I could not find any Cognos services from Windows services

Hi Krishna,

are you updating Windchill or is it a fresh installation?

Hi Sekhr

This is fresh installation only.

Hi Krishna,

Is UAC settings and antivirus disabled?

I ran into a similar issue when I was installing Windchill 10.2 M020. Our installation is on Linux with Windchill and the Gateway Server on one machine and Cognos10 on another.  We had multiple issues including missing 32-bit shared libraries and problems with the encryption key on the Gateway Server.  We had to work with Tech Support to resolve these issues and get our installation complete.  I didn't have any trouble with the Windows installation where all components were installed on the same machine. It really helps to find the actual error message buried in the log files.

Top Tags