cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Windchill PDMLink upgrade on same hardware?

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone

Windchill PDMLink upgrade on same hardware?

Hi All,

It would be of great help if somebody could solve this doubt?

Is it mandatory to go with different hardware while upgrading from one instance to another? For example while upgrading from 10.2 to 11.0 is it mandatory to install 11 on a new hardware and then restore backup data and run the upgrade manager? Since upgrade manager deals with database alone, can I not just take backup of 10.2 required data and then uninstall Windchill 10.2 completely and then install 11.0 on the same hardware and run the upgrade manager? 

Also it would be helpful if you could provide insight about pro's and con's of using same hardware and different hardware during upgrade.

Vinay S.
CADOpt Technologies Private Limited
Bengaluru.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Vinay_S)

I did my 10.0 to 11.0 upgrade on the same hardware with no issues. Just loaded WC11 into a different folder.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Vinay_S)

I did my 10.0 to 11.0 upgrade on the same hardware with no issues. Just loaded WC11 into a different folder.

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you for your quick reply. I was upgrading from 9.1 to 11.0 so from 9.1 to 10.2 or from 10.2 to 11.0 i should choose same hardware I will go with 10.2 to 11.0 also database will be same with 10.2 and 11.0 so I may not face much issues if I pass through 9.1 to 10.2 I guess?
Vinay S.
CADOpt Technologies Private Limited
Bengaluru.
Top Tags