cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Windchill PLM 12.1.2.1 Disaster Recovery document

RW_10682860
10-Marble

Windchill PLM 12.1.2.1 Disaster Recovery document

Hi There,

We are planning to move from Windchill PDM Essentials 11.1 M020 (since this has no more support since January 2023)  to   Windchill PLM 12.1.2.1

We plan to provide/implement a "Disaster Recovery" during this fresh install/upgrade

Is there any document to guide us through the exact steps + the architecture involved in this? We intend to use a SQL Server database and the in-built HTTPD web server.

Thank you

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Its linked on that tech support link I posted.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I started a similar exercise here. I would start here: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS35702?source=search

PTC looks like they had a technical brief for previous versions but this ended with 11.1. I would think that much of it is relevant but pay close attention to the changes between 11.1 and 12.  Every site is different so each site must craft their own but general industry best practices apply.  Yesterday, I generated a list of possible DR and attack scenarios and will address each in my documentation. Many years ago, we had a database cross talk situation and have experienced a collapse in our trust chain once. Not everything calls for full DR and I find practicing rehosts for test environments helpful.

Hi @avillanueva and @RW_10682860 

I would say now days many backup software exist on a virtual server level so you do not need to do so much with some specific backup routine. (WTBackup script)

for example the most important for backup are Database, vaults files and Directory Server sure in some cases a customization. 

That's all. You need to keep all this things synchronized  in time. 

PetrH 

Thank you for your response

Thank you for the response. Where is that doc for version 11.x?

Its linked on that tech support link I posted.

Top Tags