cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Product Analytics automatic startup on Windows platform

JohnMacpherson
1-Newbie

Windchill Product Analytics automatic startup on Windows platform

Is it asking too much for PTC to provide a PTC-supported method of starting WPA after a Windows Server restart?  I have attempted to use the YAJSW service as well as Scheduled Tasks (both unsupported by PTC TS) with mixed results for both.  Windchill PDMLink provides service creation for the Windows platform.  Why can't WPA admins be extended the same courtesy?  PTC Technical Support's solution is to log into a server open a DOS prompt and run startup.bat -clean.  This is impractical as it poses both logistical and security issues, to say the least.  Are we supposed have somebody monitoring a server 24x7 so if it restarts, they can manually start WPA?  Any alternate suggestions to the above would be appreciated but according to PTC, there is currently no offering for this basic functionality.

2 REPLIES 2
msztec
5-Regular Member
(To:JohnMacpherson)

YAJSW is a good alternative. We have experienced some issues with the 11.x version (Today is 12, but I haven't tested it), nonetheless  version 10.12 works perfectly with WPA. Can you tell us more about your issues with YAJSW?

We have been attempting to use yajsw-stable-11.11 per PTC GS.  We have mostly had issues with the Solr delta indexing bundle starting.  WPA seems fine but any objects added don't get indexed unless we perform a full index.  One other thing that I noticed is that YAJSW doesn't capture the -clean command line option once the Java process is running when the wrapper is being configured, so not sure if that is somehow contributing to this.

Top Tags