cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Projectlink about tasks that are closed outside of office hours

enginerdogan
10-Marble

Windchill Projectlink about tasks that are closed outside of office hours

Hello everyone

When creating project plans on Windchill Projectlink , we created it by choosing the automatic execution option.

The biggest reason why we chose this;

1-) Emailing to users,
2-) Not opening a task to past days,
3-) We chose this method for more than one reason, such as not deleting the closed activities.

Normally our working hours are from 8:00 am-6:00Pm Monday to Friday for the week.

There are situations when the friends in the project cannot close their tasks due to their intensity during the day.

But there is a situation I noticed yesterday. If it is necessary to give an example outside of working hours, when they close their tasks after 6:00 pm, the actual work value is 0. This is the same not only in the evening but also on weekends.

How can I bring actual work value to real effort when they close their tasks on weekends and evenings?

If anyone knows, can there be support?

2 REPLIES 2

Hey enginerdogan,

You might want to open a Support case, to have this looked at in detail.

What is the preference "Keep Actual Work" set to?

I know in automatic execution, that tasks have some more strict controls over if work can be tracked or not, depending on the activity's status, and the dates, so maybe they are entering time, after that activity has passed the end date, or something?

I'd suggest checking into this via a Support case, with more details about the tasks/activities in question.

Hello Michael,

The reason we entered the Actual Work is because the planned / actual is different.

Our problem here is this;

1-) When I enter effort outside of working hours, it is reflected in the plan as 0.

good work
Top Tags