cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Windchill Reporting

bmoua
1-Newbie

Windchill Reporting

Anyone using the enterprise reporting feature for their windchill reports? Where can I find out more information about it?

3 REPLIES 3

Good luck. It is one of the crappiest features in all of Windchill PDMLink. Ted Cusumano is the only guy I know personally that has made it work well. I am looking forward to other peoples links as well.

Hey Andy I know Ted - yes he can make things happen..

Many companies use Windchill reports with cognos. Andy is Right and thus you have to be "creative" with it.

For simple reports, you might be able to look at the existing cognos reports that PTC provide and analyze the flow. Basically Windchill provides Datasource and Cognos uses that Datasource to produce reports. I don't know where the guide is but you will also need some knowledge of Cognos if your report is a little more complicated than just displaying tabular data.

tstacy
1-Newbie
(To:bmoua)

I have managed to get a few reports working in my development environment, but we are having a issue with Cognos in our test and production environment. Our environments are behind a reverse proxy, so things are complicated. As for the development environment, I have some reports working with InfoEngine tasks as data sources. Most of these are simple tabular reports as I am not a Cognos expert. I've also been able to get my own parameter pages (JSPs) working with the Cognos reports.

I did manage to get a couple of graphs to work, though. Again, very simple ones.

We are currently at Windchill 9.1 M060.

Announcements

Top Tags