cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Windchill Rest API for Configurable parts, option sets with include/exclude/conditional/... rules

Cake
3-Visitor

Windchill Rest API for Configurable parts, option sets with include/exclude/conditional/... rules

Hello,

We're trying to create a front-end configuration tool based on data in windchill. This data consists of a configurable part with a set of components which have expressions on them. Based on the choices made in the optionset you can 'configure' your new part.
To create this front-end we'd like to fetch the configurable part and its BOM, the assigned option set with its options & choices, and the associated include/exclude/conditional/.. rules that go with this option set.

Getting the configurable part is pretty straight forward with the REST services (1.7), but the optionset with options,choices and rules proves more difficult as I can not find the right API endpoints. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeffZemsky
17-Peridot
(To:Cake)

Option Sets with Options (and Choices) are supported in WRS 1.7

Product Platform Management Domain

I don't think we have WRS endpoint for Rules yet.

Another way to get to all this data is to use the ERP Connector for O&V - this will export BOM structures, Option Set, Options, Choices and Rules in an XML format.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JeffZemsky
17-Peridot
(To:Cake)

Option Sets with Options (and Choices) are supported in WRS 1.7

Product Platform Management Domain

I don't think we have WRS endpoint for Rules yet.

Another way to get to all this data is to use the ERP Connector for O&V - this will export BOM structures, Option Set, Options, Choices and Rules in an XML format.

Top Tags